Flader & Hirji,LLP


21700 Copley Drive
Suite 280
Diamond Bar, CA 91765


Providing Real Solutions To Real Concerns
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. FAQs
  4.  » Personal Injury FAQ

Personal Injury FAQ

While the lawyers of Flader & Hirji, LLP make these answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) available to you, please note that laws change frequently, which could change the answers to these FAQs. There is no substitute to getting a consultation with an attorney to discuss your specific matter.

Take advantage of a Free Initial Consultation that the lawyers at Flader & Hirji, LLP (“F&H”) will provide to you by calling us toll free at (888) 412-9799 today. You will not be charged anything for the initial personal consultation to discuss your matter.

Q. 1. How do I pay for your services?

F&H A. 1. We will not charge you for our time unless we are able to obtain a recovery for you. Therefore, if you do not get paid, we do not get paid. We evaluate cases carefully and take only those that we believe have a great chance of success. Take advantage of our Free Consultation by calling us toll free at (888) 412-9799 so we can assist you in evaluating your claims.

Q. 2. When should I contact a lawyer for my claim?

F&H A. 2. You should contact a lawyer right away in connection with your personal injury claim. You should not even provide a statement to your insurance company before you speak to your lawyer. You may believe that your insurance company has your best interest in mind, but their interest is to pay the least amount possible on your claim. Your insurance company may want to send your car to a body shop that is not an authorized body shop by your car’s manufacturer and that may cause you future problems. Your insurance company may also not advise you of additional benefits that are available to you.Take advantage of a FREE consultation with the lawyers of Flader & Hirji LLP by calling us toll free at (888) 412-9799 to schedule an appointment.

Q. 3. What is a statute of limitations?

F&H A. 3. A statute of limitations is the time period within which you must start your lawsuit. You will lose your claim against the other party if you do not file your case before the time period expires.

Q. 4. Are there different statute of limitations for different types of cases?

F&H A. 4. Yes. For example, a car accident claim has a different statute of limitations compared to a medical malpractice claim. The best way to avoid losing your claim is to contact a lawyer immediately so that they can assist you in evaluating your claim.

Q. 6. What is the difference between medical malpractice claims and wrongful death claims?

F&H A. 6. Medical malpractice claims arise when a doctor does something wrong but the patient is still alive and files a lawsuit to recover his or her damages. Wrongful death claims are filed by relatives of a person who died as a result of someone’s negligence. While wrongful death actions can arise from medical malpractice of a doctor, they can also arise from a person being killed by a criminal, being killed in a car accident, a death from an accident caused by an unsafe condition on someone’s property, a death caused by food consumed at a restaurant, and many other circumstances.

Q. 7. If I do not feel pain after a car accident, do I still need a lawyer?

F&H A. 7. You should always contact a lawyer after a car accident even if you feel no pain. A good lawyer will instruct you to get medical treatment and to get all the necessary X-rays to make sure you do not have an internal injury that will not show symptoms for many month or even years after the accident. The lawyer can also assist you in dealing with your insurance company to make sure they treat you fairly with your claim. It will cost you nothing to call us toll free at (888) 412-9799 to schedule a Free Consultation with the lawyers of Flader & Hirji LLP to discuss your claim.

Q. 8. Does your firm handle injuries resulting from falls at a retailer?

F&H A. 8. Yes, if you have injuries that require treatment and damages can be ascertained resulting from that incident.

Q. 9. Can your firm handle injuries if I worked for a landscape company and I was injured while working on a customer’s property?

F&H A. 9. Yes. If you were injured working as a gardener for a landscape company while working on the company’s client’s property, you will likely have a claim against your employer as well as a claim against the owner of the property where you were working. Call us toll free at (888) 412-9799 for a Free Consultation with the lawyers of Flader & Hirji to discuss and evaluate your claim.

Q. 10. What types of damages am I entitled to?

F&H A. 10. There are two types of damages. Special damages and general damages. Special damages are financial in nature such as medical bills and loss of wages. General damages are those that are not financial in nature such as emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and defamation.